What is action camera microphone attachment?
An action camera microphone attachment is a small device that you can attach to your action camera to improve the quality of audio recording. These external microphones filter out the noise coming from the surroundings and just give a pure sound output to the camera. This microphone is a small device that you can attach to your action camera. This helps you to record and shoot clearer audio during your adventures, trips, tours and other event shooting.
These attachments have specific designs that make them quite durable and lightweight. In this way you can carry them during activities such as hiking, skiing, and surfing. The microphone is usually connected to the camera via a USB port, headphone jack, or a cable. and some attachments may also include a windscreen to reduce unwanted wind noise. It means using an action camera microphone attachment can help you record and shoot better audio quality for your videos. After that you can relive and share your exciting experiences with others in a more smooth and simple way.
Important considerations before Buying action camera microphone attachment:
Before buying an action camera microphone attachment, there are a few important things that you should keep in mind. These considerations actually make sure that you put your hands on that device that is perfect for you and your camera.
- First of all you should consider the compatibility of the attachment with your action camera. Because these action camera attachments are not compatible with every type of action camera, it’s important to check the product specifications so that you can understand whether it will work with your camera or not.
- You should also keep in mind that which type of activities and shoots that you will do with your action camera. This will help you to buy the attachment especially for that purpose. For example, if you are planning to shoot most of the videos while doing water activities, you definitely need to look for an attachment that is waterproof or has a protective cover to prevent water damage.
- Next thing that you should consider is the quality of the microphone itself. A high-quality microphone will surely help you to capture clear, smooth audio. It further reduces the unwanted background noise. As a result you get a clear and smooth sound quality for your videos.
- Another important thing to consider is the price of the microphone attachment. You should check whether that mic attachment price falls within your budget or not. There are multiple options available in market and at different price points. So it’s important for you to choose a product that provides good value for your money.
- By keeping these considerations in mind, you can make a better decision while purchasing an action camera microphone attachment. You will definitely buy that attachment that will suit your needs and improve the audio quality of your videos.
How to attach an action camera microphone attachment?
There are basically two methods through which you can attach these microphone attachments with your action camera. Let us get into the details of these two methods and understand how they attach and work properly.
Via USB Port:
Attaching an action camera microphone attachment via the USB port is a quite simple and easy process. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- First of all you need to make sure that your action camera and microphone attachment has USB connector ports.
- Before attaching the mic attachment, you should first turn off your camera and connect the microphone attachment to the camera’s USB port. You should check that the post and connector are properly attached and fixed.
- Now, Turn on your camera and go to the camera settings. You should search for the option to change the audio source. After that select “External Microphone” or “USB Microphone” option as the input source.
- If the action camera microphone attachment that you connected with the camera has its own volume control, you also have to adjust according to your requirement.
- After applying these settings, you can start recording your video as usual. The audio will now be recorded through the external microphone instead of the camera’s built-in microphone.
- After you are done with video shooting, you can disconnect the microphone attachment from the camera’s USB port and turn off your camera.
Via Audio Jack:
Now, let us discuss the method of attaching action camera microphone attachment through the audio jack port.
- The process is quite similar to the USB attachment process. First, you need to check the compatibility of the microphone attachment with your camera. You should check whether your camera has a 3.5mm audio jack for attaching the microphone.
- Next, you will have to switch off your camera and locate the camera’s audio jack. This jack is usually located on the side or bottom of the camera.
- Now, you need to connect the action camera microphone attachment to the camera’s audio jack. You should check that the jack is properly inserted and attached.
- you should now turn on your camera and go to the camera settings. Now, you have to change the audio source, and select “External Microphone” or “Line-in” as the input source from the settings of your action camera.
- After making these changes in settings, you can start shooting the videos with your camera with smooth and clear sound.
- After you’ve finished recording, disconnect the microphone attachment from the camera’s audio jack and turn off your camera.
Best action camera microphone attachment:
We will now discuss a few of the best mic attachments that you should look for buying to achieve a noise proof recording of the videos.
Sennheiser MKE 400:
It is a durable and premium action camera microphone attachment that you get from the market. It has quite amazing features and you can enjoy them while using your action camera. This attachment offers a non stop 100 hours of recordings and shooting back up. Moreover, this attachment also has the feature of volume adjustment and audio monitoring. This attachment has the ability to attach with action cameras via headphone 3.5mm jack. It filters out the noise and produces fresh sound quality and video recording.
Rode Video Mic Pro:
The GoPro Media Mod is a microphone attachment that can attach to your GoPro action camera with the help of USB-C. It is a wireless attachment and has a compact and lightweight design that wraps around your GoPro.
This built-in directional microphone has a wind-suppressor to help reduce background noise by filtering it out. The Media Mod also has a 3.5mm mic port for connecting additional microphones and an HDMI-out port for video output. There are Two cold-shoe mounts on this action camera microphone attachment that allow you to attach other accessories like lights or another microphone.
GoPro Media Mod:
The GoPro Media Mod is a wireless microphone attachment that you can connect to your GoPro camera. The connection of this attachment can be done with various modes. You can attach them via USB-C, headphone jack and HDMI port. It has a small and lightweight design that fits perfectly around your GoPro.
The Media Mod comes with a directional microphone with a wind-suppressor. This really helps users to reduce background noise when recording audio.
The Media Mod action camera microphone attachment has two cold-shoe mounts that allow you to attach other accessories like lights or a second microphone. It is designed to be tough and weather-resistant, making it a great choice for outdoor activities.
Can you connect a microphone to an action camera?
Yes, you can connect a microphone to an action camera through various ports. If your camera has a USB port, you can attach a USB mic via that port. Most of the time, cameras have audio jacks through which you can connect your microphone.
Do I need an external mic for my camera?
There is somehow a dire need for an external mic to use with a camera while shooting. Because when you are shooting great functions and events, the sound from all around really affects the video quality of the action camera. So, to lower the noise and for a perfectly smooth video, you definitely need an action camera microphone attachment for clear voice and video recording.
Do action cameras record sound?
Yes, action cameras can record the sound coming from anywhere. Most of these cameras are omnidirectional which states that they can record the sound from one direction. But in actual cases, these cameras record the sound from a 180 degree field around them. There is a shotgun mic that you need to attach with your action camera to give an excellent sound recording and more directional sound.
Can you attach an external microphone?
Yes, Surely, you can attach an external microphone with your action camera via multiple ports. First of all, you need to check which port is available on your action camera for mic attachment. Microphones are available that have compatibility to attach with cameras via ports like audio jacks and USB ports.
An action camera microphone attachment is a handy combination for the professional vloggers, videographers and digital content creators. There is always a demand for clear and smooth video with proper voice recording. Therefore, if you are a content creator or vlogger, you definitely should buy these mic attachments to make your work a quality and worth watching for viewers. Moreover, we also discussed the features and process of attaching an external microphone with your action cameras. Hope, you enjoyed a detailed perspective on these camera microphone attachments.
For more info must visit techkmarket.com